Our values are built on foundations anchored by passion, creativity and social responsibility.
Obstrat has an unrivalled vision and commitment to be an integral partner in transforming Leicester for current and future generations. Every Obstrat development combines stand-out design and exceptional quality, providing excellence in working, living, retail and leisure space within our award-winning city. The Obstrat portfolio includes a range of landmark projects across the city at various stages of development.
Team Obstrat have a longstanding sense of pride and passion for their home city. Born and bred in Leicester, they have invested over 50 years of trading experience into the local economy, employing over 300 people and always keen to nurture and grow local talent. Headquartered within Leicester, Obstrat are committed to creating a positive and lasting impact for their city.
The healthy choice in which to live, work and particularly, invest.
Underpinned by a £23.4billion economy, Leicester has been voted one of the best places to live, work and do business in the UK*.
Being central, Leicester has excellent transport links to all domestic and international markets. Together with its rich history, culture, academic institutions, sporting heritage and diverse business sectors, Leicester is the beating heart of the Midlands region.
Internationally renowned for being a centre of innovation, discovery and home-grown talent, Leicester has enticed many leading global brands to have a presence in the city.
*Pwc – 2019 Good Growth for Cities Index
- Leicester is a truly vibrant city with a strong industrial and cultural heritage.
- Leicester is centrally located with two of the largest distribution parks in the country and the UK’s largest pure cargo airport.
- Leicester has three world class universities delivering cutting edge innovation.
- The Queen’s Building at De Montfort Uni is the largest naturally ventilated building in Europe.
- Leicester has a strong and growing manufacturing sector that still forms the backbone of our economy.
- Leicester is the tenth largest city in the UK, with a population of around 430,000.
- Leicester Market is the biggest outdoor, covered market in the whole of Europe.