Our values are built on foundations anchored by passion, creativity and social responsibility.
Obstrat has an unrivalled vision and commitment to be an integral partner in transforming Leicester for current and future generations. Every Obstrat development combines stand-out design and exceptional quality, providing excellence in working, living, retail and leisure space within our award-winning city. The Obstrat portfolio includes a range of landmark projects across the city at various stages of development.
Team Obstrat have a longstanding sense of pride and passion for their home city. Born and bred in Leicester, they have invested over 50 years of trading experience into the local economy, employing over 300 people and always keen to nurture and grow local talent. Headquartered within Leicester, Obstrat are committed to creating a positive and lasting impact for their city.
VOTED ONE OF THE BEST CITIES TO LIVE, WORK & DO BUSINESS IN
EXCELLENT TRANSPORT LINKS
Underpinned by a £23.4billion economy, Leicester has been voted one of the best places to live, work and do business in the UK*.
Being central, Leicester has excellent transport links to all domestic and international markets. Together with its rich history, culture, academic institutions, sporting heritage and diverse business sectors, Leicester is the beating heart of the Midlands region.
Internationally renowned for being a centre of innovation, discovery and home-grown talent, Leicester has enticed many leading global brands to have a presence in the city.
*Pwc – 2018 Good Growth for Cities Index
- Leicester was the birthplace of local radio
- Leicester is thought to have the most traffic lights than any other city in the UK.
- Leicester Market is the biggest outdoor, covered market in the whole of Europe.
- Leicester entered the Guinness Book Of World Records in 1961, for having the largest Tesco in Europe.
- The Queen’s Building at De Montfort Uni is the largest naturally ventilated building in Europe.
- Leicester hosts the largest Diwali celebrations outside of India.
- Leicester is the tenth largest city in the UK, with a population of around 330,000.
- Leicester was the birthplace of the package holiday.
- Experts have agreed that Leicester is also the birthplace of modern standard English.